The 20th Annual Stump Jump took place on Sunday, June 25th and was a HUGE SUCCESS!!
SAMBA has many people to thank for making this event successful:
* Thanks to the 130 mountain bikers that came out to race in the event!
* Thanks to USA Cycling & Jim Smalley for having this event as part of the Southern Classic Series!
* Thanks to David Harlowe for coming to do timing at the last minute!
* Thanks to Croft State Park for allowing us to use the Southside Trail System for the race!
* Thanks to all of our AWESOME Sponsors of this event: Spartanburg County Parks Department, Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, Trek Store of Spartanburg, Friends of Croft, HSGM, Paul Melotte, Spartanburg Convention & Visitors Bureau, Partners for Active Living, Freehub Bicycles, & Bicycle Time!
* Thanks to the Calabash Wagon Food Truck for being onsite for food!
* Thanks to Kellie Muddiman for making the Awesome Medals for the racers!
* Finally, THANKS to the many tireless Volunteers that were there in the days leading up to the event and on the day of the event helping with trail maintenance, course marking, parking, registration, course marshaling, hydration station, food, awards, set-up, clean-up, and any other things that were needed!!! We would not have been able to have this event without our Volunteers!!
***Start making plans to be at the 21st Annual Stump Jump in 2018! SAMBA has plans in the works to make this a huge weekend event next year with many events! We will need even more Sponsors and Volunteers! Let's make the 21st Annual Stump Jump in 2018 the best ever! We hope to see you there!***